Snorkel AI Support and Maintenance Terms
Last Updated: December 1, 2022
These Support and Maintenance Terms (“Support and Maintenance Terms”) apply to any agreement between Snorkel AI and Customer that references these Support and Maintenance Terms (the “Agreement”). Any capitalized terms used but not defined herein will have the meanings prescribed to them in the Agreement.
- “Business Day” means Monday through Friday, excluding U.S. public holidays.
- “Business Hours” means 6AM PT through 6PM PT on Business Days.
- “Documentation” means the user and installation documentation for the Supported Software published by Snorkel AI and accessible from within the product and https://docs.snorkel.ai.
- “Issue” means a failure of the Supported Software to conform to the specifications set forth in the Documentation, resulting in the inability to use, or material restriction in the use of, such Supported Software.
- “Release” means the latest Long-Term Support (“LTS”) patched version.
- “Resolution” means either the fix to the root cause of the Issue or provision of a temporary or permanent Workaround to the Issue.
- “Supported Software” shall mean Snorkel Flow.
- “Update” means a software modification or addition that, when made or added to the Supported Software, corrects the Issue.
- “Workaround” means a procedure or routine that, when observed in the regular operation of the Supported Software, eliminates the practical adverse effect of the Issue on Customer.
2. Support Services
- Support Services. Snorkel AI shall provide Customer with the level of Support Services purchased in the applicable Order Form. If Support Services are not specified in the applicable Order Form, Support Services will be provided on a best effort basis. Support Services will be provided in English.
- Support Portal. Snorkel AI shall provide the Support Services through its online Customer Support Portal (“Support Portal”) which enables submission of support requests at the times set forth by the applicable Support Service Level purchased by Customer. During the submission process, Customer may assign a priority level to an Issue; however, Snorkel AI may re-assign the priority level at its sole discretion. Incidents shall only be submitted by Designated Support Contacts as identified by the Customer and provisioned as users in the Support Portal.
- Onsite Services. Support and Maintenance services do not include any onsite services. At Customer’s request, Snorkel AI may provide technical, operational or other assistance or consulting in excess of the standard Support Services at Snorkel AI’s standard rate then in effect.
- Hours of Operation. Customer may submit support requests twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days per week. Snorkel AI will address such requests in accordance with the Support Service Level set forth herein.
- Response and Resolution. An Initial Response is the initial reply to the reported Issue. The Initial Response Times set forth herein shall be measured by the elapsed time between Snorkel AI’s receipt of a reported Issue and the time Snorkel AI begins to address such Issue, including by providing a verbal or written confirmation to Customer. Snorkel AI will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly resolve each Issue. Actual resolution time will depend on the nature of the Issue and the Resolution.
Support Service Levels. The following Support Service Levels describe the Services and Response Times that Customer purchased in an applicable Order Form. Response Times are applicable only when an Issue is submitted via the Support Portal.
Table 1. Support Service Levels
Standard Availability 6AM PT - 6PM PT Business Days Initial Response Time Target P1 - 4 Business Hours
P2 - 8 Business Hours
P3 - 40 Business Hours
Number of Support Contacts 10 Access to Docs Yes Online Case Submission and Status Yes Phone or Live Session Support P1 Only
Issues will be categorized by priority level in accordance with the following definitions.
Table 2. Support Priority Level Definitions
Priority Level Impact Definition P1 Urgent A Priority One Issue is defined as any Issue within the production environment that (i) severely impacts or renders completely inoperative the Supported Software, or (ii) processes are so slow as to render the Supported Software unusable. P2 High A Priority Two Issue is defined as any Issue that results in the serious degradation in the performance of the Supported Software in which Customer operations are impacted. P3 Normal A Priority Three Issue is defined as any Issue wherein one or more functions of the Supported Software does not operate optimally, but where impact on functionality or usability results in a minor disruption to Customer operations. P4 Low A Priority Four Issue is defined as a (i) need to correct or add information to the documentation, (ii) request to enhance or add a new feature, or (iii) cosmetic or non-functional Issue.
- Supported Releases. Snorkel AI will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide an Update designed to solve or bypass a reported Issue in accordance with Table 1 and Table 2 above. Such Update will be provided in the form of a patch to the latest LTS release. If such Issue has already been corrected in the latest Release, Customer must install and implement the applicable Release.
- Customer Responsibilities. Snorkel AI’s obligation to provide Support Services is conditioned upon Customer satisfying the following responsibilities with respect to such Issue.
- Customer has provided Snorkel AI with the information requested by a Snorkel AI representative;
- Customer has installed the latest applicable Release;
- Customer has installed the Supported Software on hardware that meets minimum requirements; and
- Customer has designated personnel resources to provide necessary diagnostic information until an Update or Workaround is made available.
- Exclusions. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Support and Maintenance Terms or the Agreement, Snorkel AI is not obligated to address an Issue when:
- the Supported Software has been changed or modified (except if by Snorkel AI or under the direct supervision of Snorkel AI);
- the Issue is caused by Customer’s negligence, a hardware malfunction, the configuration of the operating environment or data center, network latency or causes beyond the reasonable control of Snorkel AI;
- the Issue is caused by third party software not provided by Snorkel AI;
- Customer has not installed and implemented the latest Release for the installed version of Supported Software; or
- Customer is in breach of any payment obligations to Snorkel AI.
- Changes to Support Services. These Support and Maintenance Terms may be updated from time to time at the sole discretion of Snorkel AI, provided that such updates shall not materially reduce the level of Support Services during Customer’s subscription term.